Friday, October 8, 2010

Two half's

My life is split into two half's, and they do not get along very well, they envy each other, and they are both very stubborn. One side of my life is very happy, extremely filled with joy and laughter, this side of my life is always proud of me, always interested in what I have to say, and encouraging of my goals. The second half of my life is always judging and critiquing my choices, unsure of my strengths, and doubtful of my progress. This side is very rarely impressed or proud of my intentions. Though I struggle so much with this, because I so badly want validation, I have been coming to a head in my life where I feel like I need to let that need go. Because if I don't I will always end up feeling disappointed with myself. I know I need to be focusing on the good parts of my life, the ones that make me and the people around me happy. This should not be such a struggle, and it does come easy enough, but I always seem to have this guilt hanging over my head, like I might be letting someone I love down. [which I am NOT] well.. I suppose to them I am, but I shouldn't be, that is the realization. There's always going to be some reason for them to think I am not living up to my full potential, because we will always have a different view of things. I need to let this go. It really only matters if I am the one who feels successful in my own life. Am I right? I am genuinely happy for the first time in years, if they don't or can't be a part of that with me, then I don't think they ever will really accept me for who I am. I need to come to peace with that.

No comments: