Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Honesty;

Honesty is a very tricky thing sometimes. You can have the best possible intentions and have them completely backfire, and owning up to that mistake to the people you care most about should be the easiest possible choice, But most of the time it isn't. I recently had to tell on of my good friends that the guy i was setting him up with relapsed on drugs, this is was a very hurtful honest moment. I have also had to deal with honesty in my own relationship, getting engaged is a big step and in getting there, there were a lot of boundaries that needed to be crossed. A lot of truth was needed in those steps, and quite a bit of it was painful, but the outcome was immaculately wonderful. I have been going through this honesty wave over the past 2 years, it has become one of the most important things communication wise that i think about, and it is very necessary. I'm thankful that i have this understanding, that i realize how important it is in building strong, real relationships, because HONESTLY.. i wasn't always this way.

1 comment:

Konnie said...

Thank you for your encouraging words on my blog, and I can see you like to be honest on your blog also. I am looking forward to exploring your blog further.